The House of the Dead Overkill, a prequel to the original House of the Dead game, has lefted a good mark in the SEGA gaming community with it’s high counts of F-Bombs and grind house film style. First released on the Nintendo Wii and upgraded in HD for the the Playstation 3 system now comes the hardcore mobile game that you’ve been waiting for….. Developed by Magic Pocket games, a independent gaming studio from Paris, comes The House of the Dead Overkill: The Lost Reels! Hit the motha f***kin jump for more Continue reading
Are you ready to kill some motherf***in’ mutants?
Hitting the App Store and Google Play today for $4.99 is the mobile port of SEGA’s The House of the Dead: Overkill, dubbed “The Lost Reels”. Via the App Store & Google Play description comes a slew of features:
DISCOVER THE LOST REELS
▪ Experience 3 goregasmic worlds full of carnage in Story Mode.
▪ In Papa’s Palace of Pain, Ballistic Trauma, and Naked Terror, you’ll be screaming ‘til your last breath.
DISMEMBER UTTERLY DISGUSTING MUTANTS
▪ Enjoy non-stop shooting action as you blow apart mutants for high-score thrills.
▪ See how long you can hold off the swarms of undead in Survival Mode.
REJOIN THE ORIGINAL CAST
▪ Isaac Washington: a hard-drinking ladies’ man who deals damage in droves.
▪ Agent G: an inexperienced but deadly assassin who keeps a steady hand under pressure.
▪ Varla Guns: the hottest stripper on the Bayou City club scene who enjoys the largest clip.
▪ Candi Stryper: an expert with her hands who knows how to reload.
FINGERBLAST ON THE GO
▪ Obliterate mutants with one of three control mechanisms optimized for your mobile device – Accelerometer, Virtual Pad and Frenzy Tap (unlockable)
UPGRADE YOUR ARSENAL
▪ Destroy mutants to earn Ka$h, the in-game currency, and upgrade your pistol to something that really blasts through flesh.
▪ Enhance your killing prowess with combo extenders, reload boosters, and other game-changing upgrades.
But that’s not all! The game also features some super sweet bits of SEGA fan service. Want to know the details? Hit the link for our impressions at SEGABits and stay tuned to SEGAbits and The Website of the Dead for our reviews.
At a press event at GDC, Sega revealed House of the Dead Overkill: The Lost Reels, a mobile version of its popular light-gun shooter franchise. The game will maintain the same classic grindhouse horror movie feel as it’s console counterparts with a few new additional changes such as repurposing levels, characters and the ability to tap to shoot. There has been no announcements on the release date so far since the reveal. Hit the jump for images of the game to fill your GOREGASM! Continue reading